Australia imprint Future Classic has EDM culture gold on their hands with Flume. The 21-year-old producer killed CMJ this year, recently sold out his first-ever show in the UK (had to move to a larger venue), held top spot on the Australian dance charts, as well as hit #1 on iTunes beating the likes of One Direction and Pink and played a gaggle of festivals in his homeland. So yea, 2012 was a good year and we imagine 2013 will be a lot of the same (read strength to strength) with the release of his album on February 19 (was released November 9 via Future Classic), playing another round of shows at SXSW (why no WMC?) and pretty much just taking his sound to a larger audience.
If you’re not up on Flume’s soulful blend of lush beats, chopped vocals, saw synths, and intricate percussion…find out what the mass amount of attention is all about. Here’s a stream of ”Bring You Down featuring George Maple off his album.
Here’s an album teaser:
If you missed our chat with Flume you can have a read here.
You might also like:
- Experience: Area 51
- EDM News: New Fast and the Furious soundtrack features deadmau5, David Guetta, The Crystal Method and more...
- EDM Download: "Imagine Dragons" Radioactive (dBerrie Remix) — File Under Electro House
- Ticket Contest: Seven Lions at Control in Hollywood plus Flinch, Candyland and DJ Precept
- Pete Tong Hearts "Stockholm Syndrome"—Watch Now
- What The Festival Announces Full Lineup
- Party: Circoloco Presents “Go Bang…A Celebration Of Arthur Russell” at TV Bar, Detroit—One Of The Most Compelling Electronic Music Producers Remembered
- Steve Angello Chats With MTV "I Think It's Really Important For Dance Music Today To Become Creative Again…"
- From The Horse's Mouth... Daft Punk and Pete Tong Chat "Random Access Memories"
- Rare Grooves Vol 2—Kid Koala ScratchHappyLand, Promo Only