Dim Mak recording artist and DJ Carnage was reported to be arrested in Pompano Beach, Florida by the Broward County Sherrif’s Office early Sunday morning. Carnage, real name Diamanté Blackmon, played for 45 minutes past the club’s closing time, and ignored three requests to end his set.
MAGNETIC RECOMMENDS: Watch This Hilarious Skrillex Tutorial Video
Law enforcement was called in to close down the Cinema nightclub, and Blackmon was believed to be arrested. The event was promoted by Committee Entertainment, the same production company that presented a Dada Life show that ended in a riot in 2013.
Committee Entertainment tweeted the following statement:
Unfortunately @djcarnage got arrested tonight for over playing his set 45 minutes but he shut that shit down and he left with a smile.
— Committee Ent. (@CommitteeEvents) January 19, 2014
There is no word on why the venue was not able to shut down the sound.
Via: EDM Tunes
UPDATE: Eyewitness accounts report that Carnage was only escorted to his car and driver by the sheriff, not arrested. A search of Broward County arrest records do not show a Diamanté Blackmon being processed as well.
You might also like:
- Less Than 30 Days Until Imagine Festival!
- Watch: Aoki Drops "Ukali", The Song Of Tomorrowland
- Top 10 Indie Dance Tracks - 7.23.15
- Watch: There's A 9-Year-Old DJ Playing Major Music Festivals
- Girl Jumping Off Mysteryland Stage Is Everything That's Wrong With Music Festivals
- Imagine Festival Drops Stacked Phase 1 Lineup And Ticket Giveaway
- Dada Life Just Donated Thousands Of Bananas (Video)
- New World Sound & Uberjakd Are All About The Bounce (Interview)
- Steve Aoki Has A Documentary On The Way
- Someone Made A Change Petition To Stop Booking Caked Up