Dim Mak recording artist and DJ Carnage was reported to be arrested in Pompano Beach, Florida by the Broward County Sherrif’s Office early Sunday morning. Carnage, real name Diamanté Blackmon, played for 45 minutes past the club’s closing time, and ignored three requests to end his set.
MAGNETIC RECOMMENDS: Watch This Hilarious Skrillex Tutorial Video
Law enforcement was called in to close down the Cinema nightclub, and Blackmon was believed to be arrested. The event was promoted by Committee Entertainment, the same production company that presented a Dada Life show that ended in a riot in 2013.
Committee Entertainment tweeted the following statement:
Unfortunately @djcarnage got arrested tonight for over playing his set 45 minutes but he shut that shit down and he left with a smile.
— Committee Ent. (@CommitteeEvents) January 19, 2014
There is no word on why the venue was not able to shut down the sound.
Via: EDM Tunes
UPDATE: Eyewitness accounts report that Carnage was only escorted to his car and driver by the sheriff, not arrested. A search of Broward County arrest records do not show a Diamanté Blackmon being processed as well.
You might also like:
- Behind The Mask Of The Bloody Beetroots
- Miami Beach Party Taps Aoki Group, Benny Benassi
- Industry Focus: Bingo Players & Dada Life Manager In Focus [INTERVIEW]
- Bloody Beetroots Adds Screamo Singer To EP
- Exclusive Dirtyphonics Video & Interview
- Dada Life Open Up In Exclusive New Video
- New Dada Life Interview Video Brings You Tour Life
- New Exclusive Dada Life Video Reveals Studio Secrets
- Dada Death: Real or Hoax?