How Much Do DJs Make? Booking Fees Revealed
How Much Do DJs Make?
Ever wonder how much it would cost to book your favorite DJ? Well, here are some estimates according to Degy Entertainment, a booking agency that handles acts from all genres. It breaks down everyone’s festival rate from De La Soul to Madonna, and there are plenty of EDM acts sprinkled in all tiers.
MAGNETIC RECOMMENDS: EDM Struggles: Playing Nirvana Mashups In Your Set
By no means are these firm figures, as a lot comes into play when booking these acts. There are also some discrepancies between rates on agencies- so consider these “ballpark”. Here are some samples of the upper tier-
$100K And Up
Bassnectar $100- $150k+
Calvin Harris $150K+
deadmau5 $200 – $250K+
David Guetta $150 – $250K+
Redfoo $100 – $150k+
Pretty Lights $150K+
Sebastian Ingrosso $100K+
Tiesto $200 – $400K+
$50K – $100K
Alesso $85- $125K+
Krewella $50 – $75K+
Steve Aoki $50- $75K+
It looks like the most of the DJs are in the $1k to 30K range, so not exactly the “bags of money” that the recent SNL skit depicted – unless you’re Harris, Guetta, or the mau5. And at least, according to this data, Paris Hilton is not available for touring. We think she might be taking some time off to hit the studio like most good DJs/producers do. All jokes aside, for the most part these fees seem to make sense. They also somewhat explain the rising cost of tickets: if you have a few major headlining DJs, that overhead can add up really quick.
P.S. Here’s a short story: “DJ” Pauly D is asking $40K-$60K; Nickleback $350 – $500K. A word to whoever books Coachella, don’t go getting any ideas… please!
You Also Might Like
- Dee-Brief with the EDM News
- SFX Hires Big Beat's Liz Miller As VP of Artists & Labels
- Spotlight: Ministry Of Sound's EDM Euphoria - Win Physical Copies!
- Industry Focus: Haley Hoogland Artist & Touring Supervisor For Wantickets
- BREAKING: This Song Is Sick's Soundcloud Gets Taken Down Due To DMCA Claims
- The Seven Most Tired Topics In EDM Culture - Can We Not?
- Spotlight: 12 'Don't Miss' DJ Sets On The 2014 Groove Cruise LA
- Eric Prydz On Epic 3.0: "This Is Not A Money Making Venture..."
- Pioneer Selling Its DJ Division for $570 Million?
- Industry Focus: Allegra Riggio - Guesting At XS Las Vegas And Light Jockey