How Much Do DJs Make? Booking Fees Revealed
How Much Do DJs Make?
Ever wonder how much it would cost to book your favorite DJ? Well, here are some estimates according to Degy Entertainment, a booking agency that handles acts from all genres. It breaks down everyone’s festival rate from De La Soul to Madonna, and there are plenty of EDM acts sprinkled in all tiers.
MAGNETIC RECOMMENDS: EDM Struggles: Playing Nirvana Mashups In Your Set
By no means are these firm figures, as a lot comes into play when booking these acts. There are also some discrepancies between rates on agencies- so consider these “ballpark”. Here are some samples of the upper tier-
$100K And Up
Bassnectar $100- $150k+
Calvin Harris $150K+
deadmau5 $200 – $250K+
David Guetta $150 – $250K+
Redfoo $100 – $150k+
Pretty Lights $150K+
Sebastian Ingrosso $100K+
Tiesto $200 – $400K+
$50K – $100K
Alesso $85- $125K+
Krewella $50 – $75K+
Steve Aoki $50- $75K+
It looks like the most of the DJs are in the $1k to 30K range, so not exactly the “bags of money” that the recent SNL skit depicted – unless you’re Harris, Guetta, or the mau5. And at least, according to this data, Paris Hilton is not available for touring. We think she might be taking some time off to hit the studio like most good DJs/producers do. All jokes aside, for the most part these fees seem to make sense. They also somewhat explain the rising cost of tickets: if you have a few major headlining DJs, that overhead can add up really quick.
P.S. Here’s a short story: “DJ” Pauly D is asking $40K-$60K; Nickleback $350 – $500K. A word to whoever books Coachella, don’t go getting any ideas… please!
You Also Might Like
- A-Trak: "Are We Entering The Post-EDM Chapter?"
- Disclosure Will Not Remix "Do They Know It's Christmas" 2014
- Despite Increase In Q3 Revenue, SFX Entertainment's Losses Continue
- Diplo & Skrillex Produce EDM Track For Justin Bieber
- Industry Focus: Oscar Scivier, Senior A&R for Ultra Records
- Seth Troxler Talks Burning Man, EDM Culture, & Releases New Mix
- Deadmau5 - Honda Stage Custom Concert with Live Nation
- Event Spotlight: Laidback Luke Takes Over Two Nights At Webster Hall In NYC
- Vote For The Best Promoters Of 2014
- Steve Aoki To Start Making Deep House