How Much Do DJs Make? Booking Fees Revealed
How Much Do DJs Make?
Ever wonder how much it would cost to book your favorite DJ? Well, here are some estimates according to Degy Entertainment, a booking agency that handles acts from all genres. It breaks down everyone’s festival rate from De La Soul to Madonna, and there are plenty of EDM acts sprinkled in all tiers.
MAGNETIC RECOMMENDS: EDM Struggles: Playing Nirvana Mashups In Your Set
By no means are these firm figures, as a lot comes into play when booking these acts. There are also some discrepancies between rates on agencies- so consider these “ballpark”. Here are some samples of the upper tier-
$100K And Up
Bassnectar $100- $150k+
Calvin Harris $150K+
deadmau5 $200 – $250K+
David Guetta $150 – $250K+
Redfoo $100 – $150k+
Pretty Lights $150K+
Sebastian Ingrosso $100K+
Tiesto $200 – $400K+
$50K – $100K
Alesso $85- $125K+
Krewella $50 – $75K+
Steve Aoki $50- $75K+
It looks like the most of the DJs are in the $1k to 30K range, so not exactly the “bags of money” that the recent SNL skit depicted – unless you’re Harris, Guetta, or the mau5. And at least, according to this data, Paris Hilton is not available for touring. We think she might be taking some time off to hit the studio like most good DJs/producers do. All jokes aside, for the most part these fees seem to make sense. They also somewhat explain the rising cost of tickets: if you have a few major headlining DJs, that overhead can add up really quick.
P.S. Here’s a short story: “DJ” Pauly D is asking $40K-$60K; Nickleback $350 – $500K. A word to whoever books Coachella, don’t go getting any ideas… please!
You Also Might Like
- Miami Beach Party Taps Aoki Group, Benny Benassi
- OWSLA To Release 24/7 Stream On Gaming Platform
- Bloody Beetroots Adds Screamo Singer To EP
- Hardwell Leaks Huge Calvin Harris Remix
- Electro / Progressive Chart (2.18.15)
- Magnetic’s Paris Dispatch: From Paris With Love
- Win Tickets to Air + Style At Exclusive Store Takeover
- Madeon Releases 6 Tracks, Charts Tour
- Mysteryland Going Even Further In 2015
- EDM Finds No Place At Grammy Awards