It's Throwback Thursday, which means your Instagram is about to be full of weird childhood photos of chicks that are normally plastering their cakes in your feed; and all of the local Top 40 radio stations are "throwing back" to Nelly's Country Grammar album. If that doesn't get your memory running backwards, don't worry -- we don't think Nelly can be classified as a throwback yet either. Kids these days though, right?
If you really feel like taking it back a ways, before the debauchery of the millenium and the craze of shoes with wheels, we have just the thing for you. Remember that distinct white noise of a needle on fresh vinyl? The feeling of dusting of a record for the first time in ages? For some of us Throwback Thursday is a time to remember the feeling of ultimate gratification when we spun our cassettes back just right, pushing it into the ghettoblaster and giving it life once again, or getting home in time for Saved by the Bell, Family Matters and Fresh Prince.
Throwback Thursday is a time to sit back and cherish simpler times, endless nights and sometimes... better music. Below is a list of 15 tracks that helped define today's modern Electronic Dance Music industry. The 80's and 90's was the birthplace of some of the greatest groove, house and techno hits that still live in the airwaves today. Enjoy your #TBT!
1. Haddaway – What Is Love 
2. Daft Punk – Around The World 
3. Depeche Mode – Everything Counts 
4. Darude – Sandstorm 
5. Paul Van Dyk – For An Angel 
6. Show Me Love – Robin S. 
7. Real MCoy – Another Night 
8. Alice DeeJay –Better Off Alone 
9. Rank 1 – Airwave 
10. Gouryella – Gouryella 
11. Jungle Brothers – Girl I’ll House You 
12. Eifel 65 – Blue (Da Ba Dee) 
13. Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch – Good Vibrations 
14. The Chemical Brothers – Block Rockin’ Beats 
15. Frankie Knuckles – The Whistle Song