Tragedy Strikes at Stereosonic Festival

A 25 year old woman has died after a supposed drug overdose
Avatar:
Harrison Williams
Author:
Publish date:
Social count:
59
A 25 year old woman has died after a supposed drug overdose

During the first leg of Stereosonic in Sydney, Australia a woman has died after supposedly taking an ecstasy tablet along with alcohol and MDMA in water. 

25-year-old Sylvia Choi, a qualified pharmacist, was taken to Concord Hospital where she was pronounced dead at 9.30pm on November 28th.

A message posted to the festival Facebook states: "Totem Onelove conveys our deepest condolences to the friends and family of the patron who tragically passed away on Saturday night at Sydney Stereosonic.

"As it is a matter with the NSW Police and Coroner we cannot make any further statements or comment. We appeal to our audience that they stay safe and look out for each other."

9 News is reporting that 120 people were seen by paramedics at the festival and 9 of them were taken to the hospital. 

A week before the festival, 2 men were arrested for allegedly trying to hide drugs inside the festival grounds. One man was caught drilling a hole in the wall while the other was caught with 95 ecstasy pills.