Grimes was "Electrocuted" at Her Concert in Dublin

A few electric shocks definitely won't slow down Grimes
Avatar:
Magnetic
Author:
Publish date:
Social count:
26
A few electric shocks definitely won't slow down Grimes
Grimes (photo by Kim Metso)

Grimes (photo by Kim Metso)

During Grimes' performance in Dublin on March 15, the pop star was "electrocuted" multiple times in the middle of her set.

The electric shocks were the result of a malfunction with her gear, specifically a pedal. Although Grimes wasn't phased and she took it like a champ, carrying on with her show despite getting a few shocks.

After the conclusion of her set, Grimes took to Twitter to share what happened, the tweet has now been deleted: “Dublin! 1 mil apologies that my pedal failed and I was electrocuted, but there r tears in my eyes that y’all were so so wonderful.”

To further clarify that she was "electrocuted" she posted a photo to Instagram that features a character from The Simpsons touching electrical wires.

A fan video also reveals the incident. Toward the end of the clip Grimes jumps on the platform where all her gear is stationed and a few loud pops can be heard. Thankfully the situation was not serious and Grimes does not need to take time off to recover. Watch the video below.

[via: FACT]