Basspod Stage Catches Fire at EDC Las Vegas

Video captures the moment the stage caught fire
Avatar:
Magnetic
Author:
Publish date:
Social count:
39
Video captures the moment the stage caught fire

A scary sight from EDC Las Vegas as video surfaces of the Basspod stage catching fire during Andy C's set on Saturday night.

The drum and bass icon was in the middle of his high octane set when suddenly one of the stage props burst into flames, prompting patrons to scatter in fear of being harmed by the blaze. 

According to Clark County Fire Chief Greg Cassell, the fire was caused by a a faulty propane-fueled pyrotechnic device that set fire to parts of the Basspod structure and speaker system. Stage workers who were on the scene rushed to extinguish the fire, but were unable to do so. Then on-call firefighters responded quickly to bring the fire under control. 

No serious injuries caused by the fire have been reported, except for a stage worker who was treated for minor burns.

Watch a video from the performance and fire below, which shows the blazing structure ignite while fans rush to get to safety.

[via: Fox 5 Las Vegas]