Magnetic is looking for a few good editorial interns. Is that you? Do you have drive, motivation and passion for electronic music and all things EDM culture? Do you love creative things and creative people? Do you have a command of the English language? Do you love going out to clubs and shows and festivals?
Magnetic internships will offer exposure to all facets of web publishing, including blog and feature writing, photo sourcing and editing, as well as the execution of social media and editorial strategies and contests. Ideally candidates will be able to work out of our Hollywood office at least 2 times per week, but some exceptions will be made.
• Attend and report on EDM events
• Write, produce and upload editorial copy into company CMS, WordPress
• Help conduct research for feature stories
• Interact with PR firms as a media representative
• Help organize interviews and photo shoots
• Social Media support to include fan growth, outreach and the planning, producing and monitoring of contests
• Generate ideas and contribute to new areas of content development and site growth
Qualification Must Haves:
• Strong interest and knowledge of EDM music and the surrounding culture
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Highly organized, efficient and a hard worker
• Excellent attention to detail
• Familiarity with content management systems
• Basic Photoshop and HTML skills a plus
• Knowledge and experience with SEO a plus
If you would like to apply for an internship, please send us an email via the contact form below along with a short blurb about yourself, your goals, things you like, what motivates you, etc. And if you have any links to writing samples please send those as well.