I wish Los Angeles had a nice water front location on a river to throw parties on. Sure we have the Do Over, but there’s something about having a party on the water. The LA River has three levels: polluted, trickle and flood and Boogie on Bolona Creek just doesn’t have the same ring to it as NYC’s Turntables on the Hudson or Boston’s Dancing on the Charles. The latter of which helped launched the career of Soul Clap and secured Boston on the map in the world of dance music.
Their sound became so defined that the duo was able to put together a rock solid compilation representing both their outdoor party and the surrounding metropolis’ dance music evolution. The 10 song compilation goes from chill time to sexy time to party time, and features current Bean Town players such as DJ Kon and Bosq, Chas Bronz, Clifflight, and Caseta (aka Joey C), as well as retro-active veterans Curbington Digital and Bon Johnson (who might have the greatest DJ name ever). In its entirety, the compilation has enough disco, funk, house and vintage electro sounds to go around, and shows the span and depth of the New England dance scene.
1. Anonymous Artist "I Want Your Love"
2. Matthew Larkin Cassell "Heaven" (Bosq & Kon Remix)
3. Caserta ft. Saucy Lady & Kon "Nobody"
4. Curbington Digital "So Fresh"
5. Mystery Roar "Mayhem" (Soul Clap Remix)
6. Roldy Cezaire "Lose My Mind"
7. John Barera ft. Victor Flores "Wait For It"
8. Chas Bronz "Love Only You"
9. Clifflight "All The Things"
10. Bon Johnson ft. Dana "From The Heart"
Show up. It’s a much better way to show your Boston Pride in LA than wearing a Celtics or Patriots jersey.
The compilation is out on May 13th, 2013 via Soul Clap Records.