The DJ Mag Top 100 DJs of 2013 is scheduled to be out tomorrow. Always controversial, the list has become a litmus test that notes some trends going on in new electronic music. While it has become fairly constant over the years, there are always a few surprises. Based on some of the indicators we've seen this year as well as the rankings of previous years, here are a few predictions:
1. The 'Top 10' will pair pretty close to the Forbes Highest Paid DJs of 2013.
2. The 'Top 10' and overall list will remain relatively unchanged.
3. Female DJs will be disproportionally under represented.
4. Hardstyle DJs will see some increases in the rankings.
5. Hardwell should break the top 5, maybe #1 (Avicii could take #1 as well).
6. Kaskade, Morgan Page, Zedd, Eric Prydz should make substainal gains.
7. Diplo should enter the list this year, possibly in the Top 50.
Quite a few DJs have disregarded the importance of this poll, as many feel that it is an overly publicized popularity contest. Regardless, the results are always interesting and become a hot topic of discussion once released.
Find the final rankings Saturday October 19th at midnight B.S.T. on DJMag.com.