Psytrance- many refer to it as the last pure genre of EDM culture. But what is it really? Vice's Noisy reporter Clive Martin recently took an in-depth look at the genre at a rave somewhere in the woods of the U.K.
MAGNETIC RECOMMENDS:10 Traditions That Bring Burners Together
Here are our take away lessons that helped us learn about this unique sub-genre (props to Clive for some hilarious insight):
1. Plenty of Caucasians With Dreadlocks
2. Participants Look Like the Cast of Waterworld
3. Pystrance Sounds Like Drugs
4. Prevalence of Hippie Crack, AKA Nitrous Oxide
5. Free Bubble Clutches Fo' Life
6. DJs Don't Mix- they press pause and drop Matrix sound bites
7. It Makes You Feel Like "fuuuhhhhhh..."
Peaked your interest? Take view of Clive Martin's full report on Vice's "Big Night Out" below. All jokes aside, Clive sees the psytrance scene as "a breath of fresh air" in an often mundane club culture.