Moogfest 2014, a 5 day festival in North Carolina that celebrates the iconic Moog synthesizer line, has just announced their showcase curators. The list is impressive, definitely taking influence from Paxahau, the event's co-producers who also produce the Movement Festival over Memorial Day in Detroit.
MAGNETIC RECOMMENDS: 2014 Movement Festival Line Up
From the press release:
Along with inviting some of the world's preeminent thought leaders to participate in the daytime conference, including multimedia artist Laurie Anderson, disco pioneer Giorgio Moroder, film composer Cliff Martinez, and instrument pioneer Roger Linn, among others, Moogfest 2014 invites Moog-inspired record labels and the music industry’s most respected taste makers to curate their own music showcases.
“These companies nurture brilliant artists that we are lucky enough to build instruments for. Our respect for them runs deep, they are experts in their niche of electronic music and we are excited that they will be bringing their unique perspectives to stages at Moogfest. We're crafting an event that celebrates the innovative spirit of Bob Moog: different modes of thinking, new ideas and technology, and intensely diverse music. These are the right group of creative curators to make that happen on the music side.“ says Emmy Parker, Brand Director, Moog Music Inc. & Moogfest."
Here's a quick run down-
- Fool's Gold Records (A-Trak, Danny Brown, Flosstradamus)
- Warp Records (!!!, Battles, Aphex Twin, Brian Eno, Joey Beltram, Grizzly Bear)
- James Murphy's DFA Records (Factory Floor, Holy Ghost!, Yacht, Shit Robot, Benoit + Sergio)
- RVNG INTL (Blondes, CFCF, Julia Holter)
- Crew Love (Soul Clap, Wolf + Lamb, No Regular Play, Pillowtalk)
- Fool's Gold (Flosstradamus, Danny Brown, A-Trak)
- Ghostly International (ADULT., Shigeto, Tycho, Com Truise, Fort Romeau, Phantogram, School of Seven Bells, Xeno & Oaklander)
For more details, visit the Moogfest 2014 Website