By: DJ Lettron
The Australian invasion of EDM culture has begun. We've got two tracks this week in the style of Melbourne Bounce, which is an increasingly prevalent sub-genre in electro house. We also have some standout genre-bending tracks by Disco Fries and Spanish talent Maffa, so get PUMPED!
1. "Murika" Disco Fries, Liftoff Recordings
Here's a banger with an extremely unique, captivating sound, spanning Progressive, Electro and Hardstyle. Vocoded synths create an addictive melody that sounds like robots at a rave. Out now.
2. "The Anthem" Heavy Weight & Rico Tubbs, Ones to Watch Records
These guys need to get bumped up to Mixmash Records soon. The fun bouncy synths show a clear Laidback Luke influence. Out now.
3. "Boom Boom" Maffa, Supermarket Records Maffa brings his Spanish influence to bear on this sexy progressive track. A grooving beat followed by a salsa breakdown. Out now.
4. "Chivalry" Mars2Mars, Betty Beat Records
I like the bass-driven synths on this track. The breakdown melody is accompanied by cymbals giving it an adventurous feel. Out February 7th.
5. "Eat Sleep Rave Repeat (Uberjak'd Remix)" Fatboy Slim & Riva Starr
Uberjak'd brings the Melbourne bounce style from his home base in Australia. I think the sound is fitting, creating a dizzying melody that fits with an endless cycle of raving. Out February 11th.
6. "Smack My Bitch Up (Josue Carrera Bootleg)" Prodigy
This bootleg of the Prodigy classic is well done. Carrera subtly introduces the familiar melody, infusing the chorus with wild electro synths. Available for Free Download via Soundcloud below.
7. "Bounce" New World Sound
Here's your second serving of Melbourne bounce this week. New World Sound's name is fitting, as they seem to be constantly experimenting with different sounds. Prepare to ride the high-pitched vocoded synth-beat! Available for free download via Soundcloud link below.
8. "Battle" Jordy Dazz & Bassjackers, Doorn Records
It's about time these two high-energy producers did a collab. It's amazing how the two producers fuse their sounds to make a buildup that screams insanity. Out February 10th.
9. "Bigfoot" W&W, MainStage Music Here's the next hot big room track, coming to a dance floor near you. W&W hits you hard with bass-packed synths. Out February 10th.
10. "Nombor Enam" Danny Thorn, Southside Recordings
Thorn's new track commands you to get your hands in the air, with its smooth, electric-guitar-like synths layered on top of the beat. Out now.