Quality house music selects all around this week and it's only getting better and better every week as we get closer to WMC and our fun filled festival season.
1. “Stop” Patrick Topping, Hot Creations
When I first heard this played by Jamie Jones at his Paradise closing party at DC-10 back in September I knew that it was going to be massive. Little did I know I wouldn't be released for another 4 months! Well here it is finally on the Get Beasty EP out on Hot Creations available exclusively for sale through Beatport.
2. “The More (Long Version)” Friend Within, Hypercolour
Radio One's Annie Mac had Friend Within as her guest for the Future Stars Essential Mix last month and once you hear this ultra pristine production you will understand why. "The More" contains that throwback 90s feel we're all loving at the moment but at the same time sounds like nothing we've ever heard before thanks to Friend Within's ultra unique style. Do you want more!?
3. “Almost Home (Agoria Remix)” Moby, Little Idiot
Agoria can't seem to do any wrong these days and his remix of Moby's already amazing production of "Almost Home" is a match made in heaven. Close your eyes at 3:36 and prepare to float away.
4. “Alright 2014 (Lucas & Steve, Nothing But Funk Remix)” Red Carpet, Hotfingers
Anthem alert! The massive dancefloor hit "Alright" from 2003 gets a new big room update and it's burning up the Beatport chart.
5. “Conversion” Marcus Groos, Deep In Rhythm
Out now exclusively on Beatport, this psychedelic tech-house groover can surely transcend it's genre thanks to warm chords, groovy basslines, & dynamic sounds.
6. “Not Easy (David Phillips Remix)” The Glitz, Voltage Musique Records
This release by The Glitz has some great remixes in it but the David Phillips remix stands out for us thanks to it its peculiar sounds that fit in nicely with a steady beat and choppy snare stabs layered all over it.
7. “Come With Me” Central Rodeo & Chris Bailey, Ayeko Records
Ayeko Records' first release of 2014 and it's a solid one! "Come With Me" leads this EP thanks to the silky vocals that are ever so hypnotizing. Expect to hear this played by artists such as Dubfire & Art Department.
8 “Closure” S.Chu Featuring Terri Walker, Defected Records
Time to get a little deep and soulful on none other than Defected. This latest release from Defected has a subtle energy that slowly bubbles up through Terri Walker's beautiful vocal.
9. “Blind Folds (Taylor 'Lost In Detroit' Remix)” Stonez Ft. Cherie Jones, KMS Records
Kevin Saunderson's legendary KMS Records is still going strong into 2014 and competing with the best of them and we love the energy of Taylor's remix on this one.
10. “Circuit Malfunction" Florian Gasperini & Miguel Bastida, Smiley Fingers Recordings
The biggest banger of the bunch round off this top ten. Out now exclusively on Beatport.