In the very very recent past, at a NAMM expo not too far away...
Casio comes out of the woodwork and announces their new XW series controller, modeled after the Millenium Falcon... Sexy!
As 2014 came to a close, so too did the massive influx of new DJ controllers, gear, and accessories. Fortunately, after the ball dropped, Casio picked it up and kept rolling at NAMM 2015 when they announced the release of the XW-PD1 Groovebox and the XW-DJ1 DJ controller.
Both controllers are equipped with the Casio XW Synth sound engine and will plug-and-play with any PC, Mac, or mobile divice. Both have their own unique functions, below are some of the specifications for both.
The XW-PD1 (RED) includes:
- 16 velocity-sensitive pads
- 4 knobs (only 2 of which are FX)
- 2 faders (1 for mix, 1 assignable
- An array of drum sounds
- What looks like a circular step-sequencer (?)
Expect the XW-PD1 to ship March priced at $399.
The XW-DJ1 (BLACK) includes:
- 7'' Platter designed to imitate the feel of an analogue turntable
- Designed to work with Algoriddim's Djay 2
- The same knobs, faders, sounds, and step-sequencer as the PD1