The debut Dirtybird Campout, AKA the manifestation of Claude VonSroke's label Dirtybird Records meshing with summer camp, is just around the corner. Think Wet Hot American Summer meets dance music. So take a break from packing the essentials (pizza-themed items, PJ’s, plenty of libations) and prepare your ears for some house and techno goodness.
We’ve compiled a Dirtybird Campout themed playlist for your travels to Oak Canyon Park; a sampler platter so you can get a little taste of who you need to see. In addition to the playlist, make sure you're familiar with the activity schedule and some essential information!
1. Water is FREE, but make sure to bring a reusable water bottle!
2. Pack in pack out. The birds and the beats may be dirty but the park should not!
3. Cell service is limited so make sure your squad has a meeting point. Pro-Tip: If you have friends going before you, have them mark their campsite on a map for an easy meetup.
4. Cash only! Make sure to hit that ATM.
5. Bring something to tie dye and or screen print (not too big or too small). Still waiting to hear back from them on if our tent is too big (fingers crossed)
6. It may (probably will) rain on Sunday so be prepared!
7. Friday 6-9pm is a complimentary Ice Cream Social with New Belgium Brewing BEER Ice Cream Floats with Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream.
The activities are just as stacked as the musical lineup: Yard Games (Horseshoes, Ping Pong, Foosball, Basketball, and Bocce Ball), Games: Kickball Tourney, Water Balloon Toss, Sack Races, Slip-N-Slide. Arts and Crafts; Screen Printing, Tie-Dye, Knot Tying, Face & Body Painting (note that showers are $7). Row boats, Nature Hikes, Archery (going to stay away from that for my own safety and the safety of all festival attendees), Yoga and so much more!
Be sure to get a good night sleep tonight campers because it may be the last one you get this weekend! And if you want to make a last minute trip to the Campout, tickets are still available for purchase.