If you follow our gear reviews and other articles, you probably know that I'm a huge fan of the Soundtoys products. When I first started writing for Magnetic Mag I did one of my first reviews on their Little AlterBoy plug-in that's definitely worth a look.
Now with Soundtoys 5 producers can have access to all 18 Soundtoys plug-ins, including the new Effect Rack, PrimalTap, and a new Little AlterBoy. All of this with no dongle required, so you can just download the plug-ins and use them anywhere and anytime you want.
The new Effect Rack is the centerpiece of Soundtoys 5. It allows you to utilize your Soundtoys plug-ins all in one place, giving you complete control in order to create an endless combination of effects. The whole rack itself works like a single plug-in that allows you to be able to sync parameters such as time and rhythmic effects. You can even use a global mix control to blend your effects with the dry signal. There's also a huge list of helpful presets that can serve as starting points, especially for newer producers. The Effect Rack truly has everything all in one place, from compression and saturation, to reverb and delay and beyond.
Bringing all of their products together into one place such as Effect Rack makes using any and all Soundtoys plug-ins simple and easy. Without a doubt it's a great way to improve your productions.
Here is a full list of plug-ins you get with Soundtoys 5:
- EchoBoy: $199 (echo effects)
- Primal Tap: 149 (delays effects)
- Decapitator: $199 (saturation)
- Little AlterBoy: $99 (pitch and formant shifting and tuning)
- FilterFreak: $149 (filtering)
- MicroShift: $129 (widener/delay)
- Crystallizer: $149 (pitch shifting granular reverse echo)
- PanMan: $129 (rhythmic auto-panning)
- Devil-Loc deluxe: (compressor)
- PhaseMistress: $129 (phase sweeps)
- Radiator: $129 (tube pre-amp)
- Tremolator: $129 (tremolo effects)
- Devil-Loc: $79 (distortion)
- Little MicroShift: $79 (vocal widening effects)
- Little Radiator: $79 (tube pre-amp)
- Little PrimalTap: $79 (retro delay