I'm always impress when the guys at Mixed In Key drop a new product, from their signature product Mixed In Key to their DJ products FLOW 8 Decks, they are always on the cutting edge. Today they just announced Odesi (pronounced Odyssey) and it looks like a great tool for budding and even seasoned producers alike. We will have a full review up shortly. Check the release below for more details.
Official Release and Videos
Mixed In Key has released Odesi, a new type of software that’s designed to speed up music production in Ableton Live, Logic, Reason, Pro Tools and all other music production software. Odesi helps producers, vocalists, song-writers and DJs create melodies, basslines and chord progressions, as well as memorable hooks.
Some Key Features:
• Sonic sketchpad: Odesi is an ultra-fast MIDI editor that makes it possible to sketch musical ideas and save them to a session that can be opened in any other DAW to choose the sounds and finish the production
• Automatic “Snap-to-Key and Scale”: The default view shows which notes are allowed in a specific Key and Scale, making it impossible to go off-key in the composition
• Chord Progressions: Odesi makes it easy to write custom chord progressions, or use a bank of 138 memorable progressions used in today’s popular music, with deep customization options
• Rhythms: The musician can apply rhythms to both Chords and Basslines, creating endless combinations of intertwined rhythms. There is a bank of 138 highly-customizable ideas, discovered by Mixed In Key, in Pop music, Hip Hop, Rock, Caribbean and Latin music, as well as the most popular rhythms found in electronic music tracks produced from 1986 to today – starting with early Chicago House and ending with the latest Beatport top 100
• Intelligent basslines: When the project contains a Chord Progression, the Bassline generator will adjust to match the chords, making it easy to experiment with different basslines without having to edit the MIDI notes with every chord change
• New visualization of MIDI: Odesi displays all notes on a single canvas. Chords, Melody, Bass and Drums are visible on the same screen, enabling edits to be made faster and more easily
• Acceleration of Ableton Live, Logic and other DAWs: Odesi supports MIDI export to Ableton Live, Reason, Pro Tools, Logic and all other DAWs
• Access your sessions from anywhere: Odesi runs in a web browser, and is accessible anywhere, anytime. Older sessions will no longer be lost on external hard drives and buried in a closet. When a session is finished, Odesi automatically sends it as an email attachment for backup and safekeeping
• Recording on the road: Odesi allows you to record melodies, chords and bass from both your MIDI controller and your computer keyboard. If you’re on a Macbook and don’t have a controller available, you can use the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 keys to play the beats, and ASDFGHJ keys to play notes.
• Sound banks pulled from today’s hottest music: Although the “grand piano” sound can be used in the web version, there is also a companion app for Mac OS X that extends Odesi with support for 117 different sounds, pulled from today’s hottest music. It contains pianos, leads basses and drum kits that sound crisp and “current.” The musician can put together an audio demo of the track without leaving Odesi when running Mac OS X 10.10 or newer.
• Change Key and Scale anytime: Odesi can change the Key and Scale of the entire composition, even after the entire MIDI was already written. It’s possible to change the mood from Major to Minor, or to add a Blues feeling to the track. It makes it easier to adjust the composition to fit a vocalist’s range as well and experiment with different keys.
MSRP: $49 / Mac OSX Only (Windows coming soon) / Internet connection required
Check out YouTube series of videos:
Future videos will be posted Here