Authorities in Manchester have issued a warning for dangerous "Mastercard" ecstasy pills following the death of a teenage girl on Monday morning.
According to The Guardian, the young girl was at an event called Don't Let Daddy Know, headlined by Showtek, Blasterjaxx, Don Diablo, Laidback Luke, Ummet Ozcan and more. The event was held at Victoria Warehouse in Trafford where around 5,000 people were in attendance. She is said to have been picked up by EMS and transported to the hospital where she was pronounced dead a short time after.
Reports say that she ingested a pink pill in the shape of an 8, pressed with the logo of Mastercard (pictured above). Authorities assume that she was not the only person to have used the pill and are urging all those who may have taken it to seek immediate medical attention.
DI Helen Bell said: “We are appealing to anyone who may have taken this form of ecstasy, known as ‘MasterCard’, to get checked out urgently. Even if you took it some hours ago, this pill will still be in your system and could be seriously harming your health.
“This is a tragic situation – the death of a young person is always devastating – but in these circumstances, it is all the more heartbreaking. My thoughts are with her family and friends at this time."