Although it has yet to be formally announced, Allen & Heath have developed a new DJ mixer that looks to be an upgrade to their high end models.
The Allen & Heath Xone:PX5 was recently unveiled at a presentation in Kantine am Berghain, and luckily for us, Facebook user Mijk van Dijk was there to capture photos.
According to DJ Tech Tools, the features available on the Xone:PX5 include:
- 4+1 channel analogue mixer
- Internal Xone:FX engine
- Classic Xone VCF filter with HPF/BPF/LPF and resonance control
- Four channels, each with Phono/Line/USB inputs
- 20 channel 24-bit 96kHz USB2 internal soundcard
- Send/Return and Master Insert mode connections for external FX
- Dedicated Mic/Aux Input/USB Return channel with peak indicator
- 3-band EQ on every channel
- Record Out (USB and unbalanced RCA)
- 2 ground terminals for turntables
- X:LINK ethernet connection for plug-and-play connection to Xone:K series controllers
From what we can gather, the Xone:PX5 will cater to the professional market and could compete with Pioneer DJ's industry standard Nexus mixer for club use.
No word has surfaced with regards to price or release date at this time. Check out photos of the mixer in the gallery above.