Last year's Dirtybird Campout was an all-out affair, and this year they seem intent on keeping things unexpected. We're counting down until early October, and these are the reasons why we can't wait for this year's follow up to the beloved San Francisco label's debut festival experience.
7. Activities: Dirtybird Campout's organizers seem intent on providing more than enough activities, including capture the flag, kickball, boat races on the pond, nighttime star hikes, and over 50 more. It all culminates in the Ironbird Championship, where the top two teams will go head-to-head at a series of field games, nonsensical sports, and shenanigans set up in relay race fashion.
6. Camp with your trusty counsellors: Dirtybird's DJs become camp counsellors for the weekend, hanging out all weekend with at the attendees. You could find yourself rowing against Claude VonStroke, doing karaoke with J.Phlip, jumping in on a private pizza party with Justin Martin, or grooving in the crowd with Justin Jay.
5. The late night stage: the after-hours stage at Dirtybird Campout goes until the break of dawn, hosting some of the more unique sets of the weekend. Last year's highlights included a Paranoid London Live Acid set, a Martin Brothers drum and bass set, and a Barclay Crenshaw hip-hop set, each of which went until sunrise.
4. Reggie Watts: Yes, that's right, Reggie Watts will be there. Last time we saw him at a show, he was raving his face off at a VRLA event. Everything will be better just because Reggie Watts is there.
3. BBQ: There ain't no Dirtybird party without some smoked meats and vegetables. Campout is the culmination of Dirtybird's touring BBQ events, so of course they bring the biggest barbecue of all out for the festival. All those activities they're putting on will require energy, and the Grillmaster is ready to provide.
2. The Fungineers: Bringing signature trippy sketch shows to the Campout, the Funginners provide a fun way to relax your night away while laughing your ass off.
1. The vibe: With a festival this young, there's still so much room for the audience to come together and build the vibe. Last year was precious, attracting the most dedicated Dirtybirdies, and this year will expand, bringing their bassy house vibes to even more new people. Every festival says this, but only some can really mean it.'
We can't wait to see you out at Oak Canyon Ridge with the rest of the birds. If you're too excited, head over to Dirtybird Campout's website for more.