We’re very excited to be teaming up with legendary house label Moody Recordings, together with Point Blank Music College, to bring you an exclusive production competition now happening on Plugged In, Point Blank Music College's community of music producers.
We’re calling on all house aficionados out there to submit their strongest new, original tracks for this competition – the winning entrant will bag themselves a place on Moody’s upcoming 20th anniversary compilation, together with an exclusive feature on Magnetic plus a load of prizes from Point Blank worth over $2,000.
Read on for more details, and then head to the Tracks page on Plugged In and submit your entry by 30th September!
How to enter:
- Download the artwork to use here (you must be registered and logged in to do this)
- Upload your strongest house track to Soundcloud as a public link, and submit the track via the Tracks page on Plugged In. Only one track per person can be submitted.
- Moody’s roots are based in Chicago house, with elements of deep, funky and soulful styles all also relevant – this should be considered when submitting your entry. Entries will be judged on their quality, originality and fit with the Moody house music ethic.
- Make sure you include ‘Moody Competition‘ in the title of your track when you submit it here on Plugged In (so we can identify them as competition entries).
- All entries must be submitted by midnight PST September 30th.
- The winner will be chosen by a judging panel including Moody Recordings, Magnetic Mag and Point Blank.
- A slot on the Moody Recording’s 20th Anniversary Compilation.
- A ‘Complete’ online course from Point Blank.
- The Everything Bundle from SynthMaster and Samplephonics’ Analogue Machines.
- An artist profile and track feature on Magnetic Mag.
The Competition Partners:
Since 1996, Moody Recordings has released tracks from many key influential players in house music, including Paul Johnson, Collette and Jordan Fields. Hailing from Chicago, Moody has become known by DJs as the go-to label for the purest of house sounds. Now run by ex-Beatport CEO Jonas Tempel, the Moody team is reuniting and on the hunt for new talent to add to its impressive roster.
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!