As big as techno's gotten in 2016, for the most part it still remains a tight knit community, even at the top of the game. Carl Craig and Paco Osuna have each remixed tracks from Nicole Moudaber and Skin's Breed EP, and new video shows Moudaber tested each one out live prior to their release.
Osuna's remix of "You Like This" from the EP was met with fervent crowd response during her performance at Cavo Paradiso two weeks ago. The dark, driving synth melody effectively counterbalanced Skin's iconic vocal before a syncopated drum pattern at the drop sent the audience reeling.
The Carl Craig remix made for a significantly more subtle iteration of its source material, "Someone Like You," owing to his second-wave Detroit techno roots. Moudaber played his remix during her recent performance at Shada Beach Club.
However, Moudaber has also revealed that more remixes of singled from the Breed EP will follow. Jamie Jones, Scuba, Pan-Pot and Fur Coat will contribute rerubs of their own - all of which will appear on BREED The RMXS, a remix package that will arrive by way of MOOD Records on September 2nd.
After watching the videos above, take a look at the official tracklist for the effort down below its promotional artwork.
1. "Someone Like You" (Carl Craig Remix)
2. "Don't Talk To Me I'm Dancin'" feat. ZFK (Jamie Jones Remix)
3. "These Walls Are Made Of Water" (Pan-Pot Remix)
4. "You Like This" (Paco Osuna Remix)
5. "Organic Love" (Scuba Remix)
6. "These Walls Are Made of Water" (Paul Ritch Remix)
7. "Organic Love" (Fur Coat Remix)
8. "You Like This" (Hector Remix)
9. "Don't Talk To Me I'm Dancin'" ft. ZFK (Jerome Sydenham Remix)
10. "You Like This" ft. Luz Wang (MJ Hall Remix)