Yumi is an AI robot that allows the entire family to converse with it, allowing everyone at home to do everything via voice command. From checking the weather to playing a Spotify playlist, and even video calls, this robot has the capacity to do it all.
Laurent Le Pen, Founder and CEO at Omate says-
“We have spent over a year from design to engineering in order to give birth to Yumi. It required deep Android software customization to combine high-end audio and state-of-the-art AI into its complex mechanical design. Yumi has been built on AI from the ground up, it is an incredibly smart and cute robot; a personal assistant, a music hub and a smart-home control point all in one.”It's got a multitude of features that are detailed in bullet points below."
Prices start at $349.00 for the limited edition version, and will be available via Indiegogo on November 15th, with a delivery date sometime in March of 2017. Yumi is expected to be available in retail stores in Q3 of 2017 for around $599.00.
- Interact in a hands-free way, simply using your voice.
- Ask Yumi what you want to know: weather forecast, news report, traffic info, etc…
- Enjoy Music and Entertainment by asking Yumi to play a song or a playlist directly from your favorite cloud services: Spotify / Pandora / TuneIn / Amazon Music…
- Connect Yumi to your smart home networking systems
- Securely check your home activity with the front camera of Yumi via the remote control app
- And much more with over 3,000 Amazon Alexa skills apps
The Real "Droid" Deal:
- Make video calls via your favorite VoIP apps
- Connect Yumi to your TV via HDMI
- Browse the web, check emails
- Play games
- And much more with over 2 million available apps in the Google Play Store
For those in San Francisco, there will be a Yumi meet and greet at Terra Gallery on November 2nd (press only) and 3rd. RSVP details here.