The Greatest Day Ever Festival is coming soon to The Bronx on July 15th and 16th. A collaboration between Brunch Bounce and Adidas Originals, this is the 4th year it is being held. With the promise of more music, more rides, and more food, we're very excited.
The Greatest Day Ever Festival will be abbreviating the festival as TGDEF.
Catch headliners such as Dillon Francis and Diplo, but don't forget about the other talented artists, five of which we'll talk about in this article.
Starting with no particular order, here are the top 5 artists we think are creating something really awesome and worth checking out.
1. Anna Lunoe: She's been killing the house game and she throws energy-filled sets. I've seen her three times at EZoo '16, House of Yes, and Coachella. Every time has been a treat, and we expect no less from her set at TGDEF. You also get two Lunoe's for the price of one!
2. Kyle: Quickly becoming one of my favorite rappers and one of the 10 freshmen in this year's XXL Freshmen class, Kyle's unique voice is what makes his music so interesting and easy to listen to. His newest single 'Nothing 2 Lose' is definitely a summer jam and something to hear that fits the outdoors in almost one week.
3. Mr. Carmack: I first heard about Mr. Carmack through the Soulection account on SoundCloud. I'd put it on shuffle while doing work, and coincidentally, most of the songs I'd favorite were his. I've always loved his combination of hip-hop and dance music and he always seems to have a treasure trove of unreleased music at his disposal. Don't sleep on Mr. Carmack at TGDEF!
4. Tokimonsta: The first Tokimonsta track I heard was her 2014 collaboration "Realla" with then still unknown, Anderson .Paak. My love for hip-hop and electronic music only grew from there, and since then I've been listening to her music. Although her music style can lean towards being more chill with great instrumentals, we are positive her live set will not disappoint.
5. They.: Mind of a Genius signees and collaborators with Skrillex and Zhu They. are touring on the back of their debut album newest album, Nü Religion: Hyena, released in February. Combining hip-hop, R&B and electronic elements, it's a combination as good as pineapple on pizza (Yeah, I said it). We can't wait to see them live at TGDEF.
Make sure to grab tickets before they sell out here!