Every other Wednesday, I dig deep through my record collection to bring you the freshest cuts from across the globe, with sounds ranging from ambient, to pop, to hard techno, in order to create for you a mix like nothing else around. All genres of music are welcome, and there are no rules. If the music is good, it gets played. Lights out heads down, this is the sound of the world's underground.
In the last episode of the Lights/Out Selection, I played an acid techno track that was absolutely mental. The title was 'ACKF1N', by a newly discovered artist named BinaryFunction. I stumbled across this random tune during one of my digital record digging sessions. A slick breakbeat tune that slowly evolves into destruction. What's not to like? Check it below.
Insane right? Well, his story gets better. Growing up he was a regular clubber at legendary clubs The Hacienda, Thunderdome, the original Sankeys, won a DMC competition and even opened up for none other than Laurent Garnier. Producing since '95, he's been perfecting his craft ever since, and it really shows. After tracking him down, I asked if he would be interested in coming on the show. He mentioned he only plays vinyl and asked if that would be acceptable, to which I assured him it very much was. The result is a killer hour-long mix of some serious techno cuts, expertly mixed. Without further ado, please welcome BinaryFunction.
1) Maceo Plex Solar - Sparks of Life
2) Dustin Zahn - Stranger to Stability (Len Faki X Break Mix)
3) Phil Kieran - Blinded By the Sun (Remixes)
4) Enrico Sanguiliano - Ghettoblaster
5) Silent Servant - Hypnosis in the Modern Age Vol2 Side A
6) Kraftwerk - Tour de France (Remix)
7) Silent Servant - Dissociation
8) Dino Lenny - Living in a Song (Gardens of God Remix)
9) Agents of Time - Obsidian
9) Maceo Plex - Motor Rotor
10) Ellum - Shake it Mama
11) Jupiter Jazz - Technology
12) Brassica - Nothing To Say
13) Maceo Plex Feat DNCN - Polygon Pulse