We're going to cut straight to the chase here, highlighting and curating a Soundcloud playlist of performances/tracks by our favorite artists that will be performing at Golden Voice's 2017 Panorama Music Festival this weekend:
1. A Tribe Called Quest: As Q-Tip, Ali Shaheed Muhammed, & Jarobi White perform their first massive event on NYC hometown turf since the passing of original member Phife Dawg (RIP), the group will likely perform their final album 'We Got It From Here... Thank You 4 Your Service' on closing night at the Panorama stage and potentially have guest appearances from featured artists on the album and usual collaborators Consequence, Busta Rhymes, (and perhaps André 3000 or Kendrick?!).
2. Motor City Drum Ensemble - Hailing from Stuttgart, Germany, it is a rare occasion that Danilo Plessow aka MCDE makes his way into NYC for a seriously funky and deep DJ set. Blending rare groove vinyl consisting of the finest uncut funk, deep/acid house, among other soulful sounds, MCDE is one of the most unique selectors in the game. A no brainer to see for anyone who is trying to get down on the dance floor and/or listen to some crazy dance tracks that one does not get to hear too often, he closes out The Point stage on Saturday night.
3. Mister Saturday Night - As some of NYC's finest purveyors of the highest quality funky dance parties and positive vibes in general, Justin Carter & Eamon Harkin aka Mister Saturday night will bring their NYC branded sound of funk and deep electronic music to the The Point stage on Saturday afternoon at 3:15PM.
4. DJ Shadow - Hailing a collection of over 60,000 vinyl records, this beat maker needs no introduction as he hits The Parlor stage on Friday night, potentially performing his new collaborations with Nas & Danny Brown live!
5. Derrick Carter - Known for his classic, funky and hard hitting dance music vibes, Chicago House music legend, Derrick Carter will bring the heat and close out The Point stage for the festival on Friday.
*Selections 1-5 chosen by Magnetic Contributor Will Benrubi
6. Honne are an English duo with a unique combination of electronic and soul music. Their Japanese aesthetic, stemming from their name as well as album artwork on 'Warm On a Cold Night' make for a strong identity. Catch them opening up the Panorama stage on Day 1.
7. Tyler The Creator - If you haven't seen the music video for Tyler & ASAP Rocky's latest collaboration 'Who Dat Boy', you need to check it out. Tyler's edgy vibe always catches the audiences attention, as his performances can often be unpredictable. Catch Tyler at the 'Pavilion' Stage on Friday.
8. Vince Staples combines an electronic-influenced and gritty productions with his unique rapping style. His new album Big Fish further marries the intersection of hip-hop and electronic music. He will perform at the Panorama stage on Saturday.
9. Cashmere Cat - With a style and approach to music production is so unlike others, Cashmere Cat's live performances and DJ sets have been a journey through electronic music, hip hop, and some 90's R&B. His latest mix with OVO Sound Radio combines all these sounds, and he can be witnessed at the Pavilion stage on Sunday.
10. 6LACK - Hailing from Baltimore, Maryland, 6LACK (pronounced Black) will perform on the Pavilion stage on Sunday. One of his latest tracks, 'Bless Me' is a great example of his stylistic diversity and ability to push the electronic R&B genre.
*Selections 6-10 chosen by Magnetic photographer, Charles Kang
Honorable Mention: Frank Ocean, Nicholas Jaar, Justice, NIN, Theo Parrish, Rev. Vince Anderson & The Love Choir, Working Women.
Limited 3 day passes, and individual day passes are still available at: www.panorama.nyc/passes