Meadows Festival is coming up in just eight days away and that means you need to figure out whom you are going to see at the festival. There are the obvious choices like JAY-Z, Nas, Gorillaz, Red Hot Chili Pepers and Run The jewels. However, a festival is not just about headliners, the undercard matters as well and we are here to highlight some names a little further down the lineup including Big Wild, Broods, Los Colognes and Swet Shop Boys. They are listed in no particular order.
1. Los Colognes - Friday 12:45 – 1:30 Queens Blvd Stage: The California rock band will play bright and early on Friday on the Queens Blvd Stage from 12:45-1:30. They released their new album The Wave in May and it is full of smooth, hazy surf-rock that will be the right way to start off your Friday and festival experience over all.
2. Léon - Friday 1:30 – 215 American Eagle Stage: Right after Los Colognes, some power ballads are in order from Léon. The talented singer has attracted quite a bit of attention online for her excellent songwriting and incredible voice. She could be someone who is playing at a later slot the next time she plays on the festival circuit, so get her while she is still on the come-up.
3. Big Wild - Friday 2:15 - 3:00 Queens Blvd Stage: The lineup isn’t too heavy on the electronic music, bit Big Wild does make an appearance at 2:15 on the Queens Blvd Stage opposite Lizzo. His smooth, foreign family collective-approved sound is the type of electronic music you will want to hear at Meadows Festival among these other acts here.
4. Youngr - Saturday 12:45 – 1:30 Queens Blvd Stage: If you want to get funk on Saturday, Youngr will be the man for you. His music is a bit of disco, a bit electronic and a bit pop. There is something for everyone and is catching the eye of some big names like Galantis, who remixed one of his songs last year. He doesn’t have many songs out at the moment, so there will probably be plenty of unreleased music. Ride the wave onto bigger stages here.
5. BadBadNotGood - Saturday 2:15 - 3:00 Queens Blvd Stage: BadBadNotGood are one of the more versatile groups on the entire lineup. They combine electronic, funk, jazz, soul and a bit of everything in between into their music. They just put out a Late Night Tales compilation and released their album IV last year. They have worked with some of music’s best like Kendrick Lamar, Kaytranada, Freddie Gibbs and Mick Jenkins. Don’t miss on this smooth ride down the mainstage.
6. Dreamers - Sunday 12-45 – 1:30 The Meadows Stage: On the back of their debut album last year This Album Does Not Exist, Dreamers have been on the road quite a bit since then. Sundays can be tough to get up for a festival, so their energetic style of rock music may be what you need to get your legs underneath you and ready to go.
7. Broods - Sunday 3:00 – 4:00 American Eagle Stage: Not the most unknown pick, but amongst the stars, Broods still remains an up-and-comer. The duo’s synth-pop will be the pick me up you need to get your day going in Sunday. They released their second album Conscious last year and this is your chance to hear the mix of upbeat tunes and slower tracks once again.
Bonus: LL Cool J: Yes I know he is at the same time as Erykah Badu, so you can’t go wrong with either, but Ladies Love is a TV star now and does not do many shows. This is your chance to see the legend and get HEAAAADSPRUUUUUUNG.
Meadows Festival will take place next weekend, September 15-17. Tickets are still on sale via their website. Head there for a complete lineup and schedule.