In a partnership to provide music creators with high-quality tools and flexibility, Akai Professional and Propellerhead Software have released Reason Lite for certain Akai Pro MIDI controllers.
Reason Lite will be included with the purchase of one of Akai Pro controllers: MPD218, MPD226, MPD232, MPK225, MPK249, MPK261, MPK mini mk2, LPK25 Wireless, and LPD8 Wireless. If you already own one of the aforementioned products, then you can login to your Akai Pro account and grab the Reason Lite license for free.
Reason Lite features:
• Plug-and-play support for AKAI MIDI controllers
• Studio grade recording and mixing tools to polish your creations to perfection
• 9 premium instruments: Synths, samplers, drum machines
• 11 effect processors: reverb, delay, EQ, distortion and much more
• Guitar and bass amplifiers from Softube
• 2+GB of included sounds, loops and samples
• Extend your sound with VST and Rack Extension plugins
“Including Reason Lite with our family of hardware controllers means that our customers have an actual DAW to begin creating music in immediately upon purchase," said Akai Pro Brand Manager Torrie Jones. "Pairing our plug-and-play hardware with Reason’s easy-to-learn software enables instant musical gratification without the steep learning curve.”
It's exciting to see that companies like Akai Professional and Propllerhead Software are partnering to provide musicians with the tools they need to continue and expand their craft.
You can learn more about this partnership and Reason Lite or Akai Pro controllers here.