Techno is still firing on all cylinders but it's taking on a new direction as the classic sound of '90s trance is slowly working its way back into the genre. The aggressive techno is still here and it's here to stay but expect to hear a lot more complex melodies working their way into plenty of the best stuff out there. Have a listen to what Alan Fitzpatrick and Thomas Schumacher have done here and you will hear what I mean. Accept it reject it. This is the new sound of techno.
1. "TOGETHER" - VONDA7 [LAST NIGHT ON EARTH]
2. "SHIMMER" - MARKUS SUCKUT [REKIDS]
Markus Suckut's New Life EP on the well-respect Rekids imprint features this absolutely lush tune which should have some of you reminiscing about the early '90s when euphoric techno ruled the underground.
3. "BURN" - EATS EVERYTHING [EDIBLE]
Groovy enough for house music and banging enough for techno, this newest outing from Eats Everything on his own imprint is a floor-beast guaranteed to rock the dance-floor once that melody sample hits it's first note.
4. "BROKEN KEYS (HEIKO LAUX REMIX)" - MICHAEL KLEIN [SECOND STATE]
German wonder-producer, Heiko Laux stepped in for remixing duties on this one for Michael Klein and the result is this rousing piece of techno suitable for peak-time business.
5. "COLOUR OF A DREAM" - ALAN FITZPATRICK [WE ARE THE BRAVE]
Techno maven, Alan Fitzpatrick is back on his own label with three devastatingly good tunes including this title track which features a ridiculously good synth stab!
6. "WAKE UP" - THOMAS SCHUMACHER [ELECTRIC BALLROOM]
7. "JOY RIDER" - ALAN FITZPATRICK [WE ARE THE BRAVE]
It was nearly impossible to leave off this additional tune from Alan Fitzpatrick's newest EP. Simply put, it's a banger!
8. "ULTRAVIOLET" - DEAS [SECOND STATE]
Second State gets its second appearance on the best of techno chart for March. This time coming from a very talented producer known simply as DEAS. A Greek-born, Poland-based artist who makes his debut on the label with five hypnotizing, club-rockers that should each elevate your set into the next dimension.
9. "COUNTACH (KOLSCH REMIX)" - BUTCH [COCOON]
10. "ATOM" - 2POLE [TRONIC]
11. "NO WORLD ORDER" - BOXIA [DRUMCODE]
12. "THE GATES" - DAVID GRANHA [NOIR MUSIC]
Spanish-producer, David Granha makes a very well-deserved debut on Noir's imprint with two cerebral-slammers including this prolific one suitable for that very intense moment of the night when you need to snap the tension and take things up a notch.
13. "HYSTERIA" - GIACOMO RENZI [JAM]
Giacomo Renzi's "Hysteria" is a seven minute journey that begins with a hypnotizing vibe but about halfway through you will start to notice the tune transform into a devastating floor-banger that is guaranteed to make the crowd absolutely lose it.
14. "LUCID" - MARTIN KINRUS [SET ABOUT]
Argentinian producer, Martin Kinrus' Cultivation EP on Set About features this groove-heavy roller he calls "Lucid."
15. "STATE OF SORROW" - SHLOMI ABER [BE AS ONE]
Shlomi Aber's brilliant new LP, Linear Equation finishes off with this gorgeous slice of euphoria he calls "State Of Sorrow."
Stream the best techno of March 2018 uninterrupted via the playlist below: