Just over a quarter of this past month's best techno is represented by two individuals. Noir and Patrice Baumel being those two producers who both unloaded monumental two-trackers destined to get some heavy airplay throughout the year.
Other notable contributions to the genre include an Eats Everything edit of a '95 hard dance classic, a track taken from the phenomenal new Dax J album, and just for good measure, a couple of the latest new ones from Drumcode.
1. "THE HATCHET" - PATRICE BAUMEL [AFTERLIFE]
2. "GUEDE (ARTBAT RAVE MIX)" - DJ HELL [INTERNATIONAL DEEJAY GIGOLO]
DJ Hell's 2017 full-length, Zukunftsmusik is getting it's fair share of remix treatment from some of the best in the biz including this peak-time makeover courtesy of the Ukrainian techno gods known as Artbat!
3. "ERUPTION" - NOIR [NOIR MUSIC]
After a two year absence, Noir returns to his own imprint with a pair of hammering tracks titled "Eruption" and "Disruption." The former is featured first on the chart thanks to some wicked synth work and the latter is to follow as 4th in the chart.
4. "DISRUPTION" - NOIR [NOIR MUSIC]
"Disruption" is Eruption's sinister counterpart in only the best way possible. Turn this one all the way up and feel it's arresting rhythms shake you to your core.
5. "U (I GOT A FEELING) [EATS EVERYTHING EXTENDED REBEEF]" - SCOT PROJECT [VIRGIN EMI]
DJ Scot Project's hard dance anthem from back in '95 gets some modern treatment from Eats Everything who slows the tempo and keeps the breakdown perfectly in tact. I think it's say safe to say that no one else could've done a better job than Eats himself.
6. "ASCENTION" - DAX J [MONNOM BLACK]
Dax J's phenomenal sophomore album, Offending Public Morality is much more than techno. It's a smorgasbord of styles that draws influence from early '90s artists like Lords Of Acid and even early Nine Inch Nails but in the most modern way. Check out "Ascention" which is the next to last tune on the album. It's a pounding yet euphoric production that will leave you hypnotized with a mesmerizing wall of sound complete with angelic vocal samples and dizzying acid-lines.
7. "FRAGILE" - MARK REEVE [DRUMCODE]
8. "SERPENT" - PATRICE BAUMEL [AFTERLIFE]
Patrice Baumel's b-side of "The Hatchet" deserves some love too. It's a bit more subtle but still very capable of working a crowd into a frenzy.
9. "SUZI IN TRANSE" - ANNA [CLASH LION]
ANNA may have just single-handedly revived acid trance with her 2018 take on the forgotten genre.
10. "UNTIFIGHT" - CARL BEE [INTEC]
Hailing from Malta, Carl Bee makes a splashing debut on Intec with a pair of tunes including this title track that packs a seriously deep groove.
11. "CRASHER" - REX THE DOG [KOMPAKT]
12. "BEYOND THE BLOOM" - FLORIAN KRUSE [AUDIOMATIQUE]
Florian Kruse's "Beyond The Bloom" steadily works its way towards a hypnotic peak of euphoria which suddenly drop outs and subsequently snaps back in with a stuttering rhythm only to climb towards that euphoria once again.
13. "S-SOUND" - HYPERLOOP & GREEN VELVET [DRUMCODE]
Hyperloop debuted his recording artist career on Truesoul late last year and just six months later he's back in the camp. Except this time on the mighty Drumcode stable which features a smashing collaboration with the one and only, Green Velvet.
14. "LET THERE BE DARK" - BEICO & MT93 [KRAFTEK]
15. "TRANSPORTADOR (COYU RAW MIX)" - ANTONIO POCAI [SUARA]
Stream the entire techno chart uninterrupted via the playlist below: