Not too long ago, EDM of the cheesiest variety enjoyed more success than all of the electronic music genres combined. However, the tides have changed. EDM has nearly disappeared and techno has moved in and taken over. Artists like Carl Cox and Adam Beyer have taken over festival headline slots while other artists like Tale Of Us, ANNA, and Enrico Sangiuliano have taken over the charts. House Music still plays a part in today's scene as well but it's the big, booming sound of techno which has a taken a hold of the sound of now.
1. "CAFE DEL MAR (TALE OF US RENAISSANCE MIX)" - ENERGY 52 [RENAISSANCE RECORDS]
The era of remixing trance classics is in full effect and Tale Of Us have fallen in line with this superb rendition of the one and only Ibiza anthem, "Cafe Del Mar."
2. "HARD LIGHT" - DENSE & PIKA [HYPERCOLOUR]
While everyone else is taking the formulaic route down techno avenue, Dense & Pika have been taking the road less traveled by adopting their own unique approach to the widely appreciated genre with unconventional drum-kicks and occasionally euphoric soundscapes as demonstrated here on "Hard Light." The b-side taken from their newest and very amazing two-tracker titled, Amber.
3. "YOUR MIND" - ADAM BEYER & BART SKILS [DRUMCODE]
4. "NOVA" - TALE OF US [AFTERLIFE]
The third edition of Realm Of Consciousness is stacked from top to bottom with 15 cutting-edge pieces of electronic music including this magnificent one by the head honchos themselves.
5. "MULTICELLULAR" - ENRICO SANGIULIANO [DRUMCODE]
Italian techno talent, Enrico Sangiuliano flexes his artistic muscles with a debut LP on Drumcode. The album is titled, Biomorph and this particular tune which I've chosen for the chart, "Multicelular" is an all-out banger that gets especially euphoric once the breaks drop.
6. "EMBODY" - THOMAS SCHUMACHER [NOIR MUSIC]
Thomas Schumacher's very-welcomed return to Noir Music comes in the form of two very large tunes that are set to annihilate a dance-floor near you. Especially the opening cut titled, "Embody" which is a building acid monster that will send the ravers into an absolute frenzy!
7. "LOSING ME" - JIGGLER [STIL VOR TALENT]
Jiggler is a German producer from Berlin who makes his debut on the techno chart with this melodic wonder taken from his Rising EP which sees a release on the well-respected Stil Vor Talent imprint.
8. "THE UNDERGROUND (LAYTON GIORDANI REMIX)" - CELEDA [DANCEPUSH]
9. "BLACK HOLE" - CIREZ D [MOUSEVILLE]
10. "SWALLOW (TALE OF US REMIX)" - MONOLINK [EMBASSY ONE]
11. "REALIZE" - DRUNKEN KONG [OCTOPUS]
12. "JEDI" - HOSH & GROJ [FRYHIDE]
HOSH along with Montreal producer, GROJ are responsible for this sweltering piece of dance music they call "Jedi."
13. "EXTINCT (ANNA REMIX)" - SCB [HOTFLUSH]
14. "AMNESIAC" - UMEK [FILTH ON ACID]
15. "THE ONE" - JAY LUMEN [OCTOPUS]
Last but certainly not least on the chart is this acid-trance, banger coming from the techno expert himself, Jay Lumen!
Stream the entire techno chart uninterrupted via the playlist below: