Great news for Ultra Festival fans today. After a long day of deliberating the City of Miami Commissioners have voted in favor (4 to 1) to allow Ultra Music Festival to move forward with plans to hold Ultra 2019 on Virginia Key with a two year contract with a revocable option should Ultra fail to meet the agreed on stipulations.
Festival organizers faced challenges from local politicians from both the City of Miami and Key Biscayne with the usual concerns of traffic, noise, and environmental issues.
Festival organizers will move forward with one year to prove themselves in the new venue and deal with the commissioners concerns.
Deal points included:
- $2 million dollar fee paid to the City of Miami against 60,000 ticket sales.
- An environmental plan to protect local vegetation and wildlife.
- An agreement with the Rapture Festival organizers to find a suitable replacement venue.
- The permit will have an operating time extended to 2 a.m.
- It will take place at both Historic Virginia Key Beach Park and Miami Marine Stadium Flex Park.
Parking at the festival will be reserved only for VIP ticket holders and staff, with the primary modes of transportation to the festival grounds being water taxi and potentially shuttle buses TBD.
This decision marks an exciting new chapter for Ultra and festival goers can look forward to some exciting new concepts from what we could tell from the festival ground layout at the new venue.