Beatport has revealed their 2018 year-end statistics and there aren’t too many surprises. The staple electronic genres, techno, tech-house and house were the number one, two and three best-selling genres on the platform. Fisher’s breakout single “Losing It” was the best selling song overall of the 1.3 million songs uploaded to Beatport in 2018.
Camelphat had two of the best selling songs in the top ten with their remix of Fatboy Slim “Right Here, Right Now” at two and then their collab with Au/Ra “Panic Room” sitting at number nine. Andrew Meller also had two in the top ten with his “Born Slippy” remake at three and then “Insomnia,” another cover of another ‘90s classic, which was the number 10 most sold track of the year. 2018 was a big year for the 1990s in dance music and elsewhere.
See the full top 10 below and check out the full Beatport insights of best sellers on their site.
Beatport Best Selling Songs Of 2018:
1. Fisher - ‘Losing It’ [Catch & Release]
2. Fatboy Slim - ‘Right Here, Right Now’ (CamelPhat remix) [Toolroom]
3. Andrew Meller - ‘Born Slippy’ (Reincarnation Mix) [Glasgow Underground]
4. Adam Beyer & Bart Skils - ‘Your Mind’ [Drumcode]
5. Energy 52 - ‘Cafe Del Mar’ (Tale Of Us remix) [Renaissance Records]
6. DJ Koze - ‘Pick Up’ (12” Extended Disco Version) [Pampa Records]
7. Flashmob - ‘The Lone Brazilian’ [Hot Creations]
8. Dom Dolla - ‘Take It’ [Sweat It Out]
9. Au/Ra & CamelPhat - ‘Panic Room’ [RCA Records]
10. Andrew Meller - ‘Insomnia’ [Glasgow Underground]