Floating Points, born Sam Shepherd, has announced he will be the latest artist to release a new Late Night Tales compilation. He will join other luminaries like Four Tet, Sasha, Bonobo, MGMT, Röyskopp, Jon Hopkins and The Flaming Lips to have curated a Late Night Tales mix.
These mixes offer the artist a chance to spread their wings and explore their musical backgrounds and tastes with an emphasis on late night musical listening and more relaxed song selections.
In his Late Night Tales compilation, Floating Points floats between jazz, ambient electronica, Brazilian music and even some spoken word to end the record. This may be one of the more unique compilations to emerge on Late Night Tales.
"I’ve learnt about a lot of incredible music from listening to the Late Night Tales compilations over the years, so I jumped at the opportunity to compile one myself,” says Shepherd in a statement. “The music is a selection of the kind of records I play to set the tone when DJing all night long."
See the complete tracklist below and watch a trailer. Floating Points’ Late Night Tales compilation will be released on March 29, just in time to help cure those Miami hangovers. Pre-order it here.
Floating Points Late Night Tales Tracklist:
01. Sarah Davachi - “UnCtled, live in Portland” (Excerpt) (Exclusive track)
02. Carlos Walker - “Via Láctea”
03. The Rationals - “Glowin’"
04. William S. Fischer - “Chains”
05. Max Roach - “Equipoise”
06. Bobby Wright - “Blood Of An American”
07. Sweet & Innocent - “Express Your Love”
08. Robert Vanderbilt & The Foundation of Souls - “A Message
Especially From God”
09. The Defaulters - "Gentle Man”
10. Alain Bellaïche - “Sun Blues”
11. Alain Bellaïche - “Sea Fluorescent”
12. Kara-Lis Coverdale - “Moments In Love” (Excerpt)
13. Azimuth - “The Tunnel"
14. Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - “Milk" (Excerpt)
15. Toshimaru Nakamura - “Nimb#59” (Exclusive track)
16. Floating Points - The Sweet Time Suite, Part I - “Opening” (Exclusive Kenny Wheeler cover version)
17. Lauren Laverne - “Ah! Why, Because The Dazzling Sun” (Exclusive Emily Brontë spoken word piece)