Today, SoundCloud has announced that it will be adding distribution to its Premier Monetization platform to allow users to get their music on to all major streaming services and web stores like Spotify, Apple Music, Beatport, and more. This new feature will be free of charge and opens up artists to a potential massive fan base. The SoundCloud Premier monetization and distribution tools are built directly into existing SoundCloud Pro and Pro Unlimited subscription accounts for creators, at no additional cost. Creators using the SoundCloud Premier distribution feature keep 100% of their rights, keep 100% of their distribution royalties from third-party services, and at no additional cost. Over the course of the next few months, creators will see new functionality added to the monetization toolset.
Creators who meet the following criteria are eligible to participate in the open beta:
· SoundCloud Pro or Pro Unlimited subscriber
· Has original music and owns or controls all applicable rights
· 18 years old or age of majority in their country
· No copyright strikes at the time of enrollment
· At least 1,000 plays in the past month from countries where SoundCloud listener subscriptions and advertising are available (US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, The Netherlands, New Zealand)
Eligible creators will be notified via email and in-product notifications beginning today.
To learn more, click here.