With the near disappearance of commercial EDM, the market has become infiltrated with ultra bland, tech-house lacking any sort of character or originality. Therefore, it's become a whole lot harder to get a hold of some damn good house music. There's a few here and there that rise to the top but others end up getting buried below the rubbish. Now with that being said, the monthly house chart we bring you is aimed at providing you with the absolute best of what the genre had to offer. The opinions on our part are certainly objective but we'd like to think that we are getting it right so clear the next hour and soak in these top tier tunes which we believe are the best of March.
1. "THE LIGHTS" - SASHA & KÖLSCH [IPSO]
Newly released and set for Spring dominance, this powerhouse collaboration was expected to yield such a magical result as this one titled "The Lights."
2. "FATOUMATA" - VOLEN SENTIR [SHANTI RADIO MOSCOW]
If you listened to Lee Burridge's Essential Mix, you heard him close out the sublime set with this golden nugget courtesy of fellow dreamer, Volen Sentir.
3. "PIKNIK (MARQUIS HAWKES ONE NIGHT IN TBILISI REMIX)" - RIVA STARR [TRUESOUL]
4. "TIME FOR LOVE" - PETE TONG, EMANUEL SATIE [SAVED]
"Time For Love" has a dual identity consisting of the obvious balearic beauty which opens it up followed by a floor-ready acid groove that'll just rip the night wide open.
5. "BLAHSKIBOO" - NICK CURLY [8BIT]
Nick Curly's title track, "Zero Love" may be doing the damage on the charts but it's the b-side, "Blahskiboo" which I find to be the more floor ready of the pair.
6. "WALKING MARKET" - DE LA SUITTE [FAMILLE ELECTRO RECORDS]
Barcelona-based producer, De La Suitte puts up a pair of no-nonsense house choons for the French imprint, Famille Electro Records with "Walking Market" being the featured title tune here on the chart.
7. "YINI (SERGE DEVANT REMIX)" - FABIO AUREA FEAT. TOSHI [RADIANT.]
Turn the volume way up and close yours to this entrancing remix courtesy of the floor wizard himself, Serge Devant!
8. "CRISIS ACTORS (MATT CAINE REMIX)" - RENNIE FOSTER [MOONLIGHT RECORDS]
Northwestern Canada in the house on this one as Calgary's Matt Caine provides a deep and hypnotic remix for Vancouver's own techno enthusiast, Rennie Foster.
9. "SPECTRUM (MANO LE TOUGH REMIX)" - EROL ALKAN [PHANTASY SOUND]
Matrixxman had the honors of taking center stage on the first remix package of "Spectrum" released in early March but on the second edition of remixes for this 2018 gem from Erol Alkan, it's the one and only Mano Le Tough who's driving the car.
10. "TAKE ME" - PHIL FULDNER [ARMADA SUBJEKT]
Disco and house music go together like peanut butter and jelly as is evident on this like latest disco, chart-topper by house music connoisseur, Phil Fuldner.
11. "MIRACLE OF THE ROSE" - DENIS HORVAT [AFTERLIFE]
12. "DARLING (RICH NXT REMIX)" - BASTI GRUB FEAT. CRASE JOHNSON [HOT CREATIONS]
FUSE London's Rich NxT steps into the spotlight of Hot Creations for guest remixing duties and the result is this floor-burning remix characterized by a wonky bass-line and an uptempo rhythm highlighted with subtle vocal samples.
13. "ONLY HUMAN" - KH [MINISTRY OF SOUND]
14. "TRUE" - MADE IN RIOT, ROXY DELGADO [DEAR DEER WHITE]
Get into the deep, tech groove of this progressive tune simply titled, "True."
15. "MUSIC" - DEEP88 [WHAT ABOUT THIS LOVE]
Italian house maestro, Deep88 produced this entire tune on the fly including the others on the E.P. as well with the iconic SP1200. Hence, the title of it being The SP1200EP. Oh and it's only available on vinyl so apologies on the limited sample available.
Stream the house chart uninterrupted via the playlist below: