A few of the more upfront tracks are here to highlight the best of March including the chart topping, "Noise" by Denis Horvat and the very popular Drumcode release of the month by Wehbba. Although, representing the absolute best of the month is a deep and dark banger by Portuguese producer, Robert S.
1. "ESPASMOS" - ROBERT S [KORPUS 9]
Portuguese producer, Robert S tucked this astonishingly good stomper into his Angels Of Acid E.P. Loud volume only, please!
2. "THE YARD MAN" - SRVD [REKIDS]
3. "THIRD WAVE" - WEHBBA [DRUMCODE]
4. "THINKING OF YOU (SINFOL REMIX)" - TIEFSCHWARZ [SUARA]
Tiefschwarz' latest E.P. features two originals and a couple of remixes including this spectacular remix of the title track courtesy of Dutch producer, Sinfol.
5. "NOISE" - DENIS HORVAT FEAT. LELAH [AFTERLIFE]
6. "WASP" - SKUDGE [SKUDGE]
Skudge's 13th excursion on his own imprint is a double-sided one that includes this ultra-hypnotic b-side that features enough pronounced rhythm to keep you focused on the floor.
7. "SNEAKING HOTDOGS INTO PEOPLE'S POCKETS" - TIGER STRIPES [TRUESOUL]
Those who know techno well, understand how big of an impact the Swedish producer, Tiger Stripes has made on the genre. Nearly every single release he puts out stands completely on it's own trailblazing the way for the future of techno.
8. "RAVING ETHOS" - SKOBER [TERMINAL M]
Who isn't a sucker for the early '90s sound of the techno underground? Especially when it's incorporated into today's brand of techno.
9. "KILLER QUEEN" - JOYHAUSER [TERMINAL M]
10. "REAL" - TEENAGE MUTANTS [NOIR MUSIC]
German production duo, Teenage Mutants come correct with their own contribution to the fourth edition of Noir's Dark Stars series. The track is certainly driving and energetic as most releases on the label have been known to be but "Real" stands out quite distinctively thanks to some mean and sinister synth fills that should easily bring on that trust 'ol screw-face.
11. "BRETHREN" - UMEK [FILTH ON ACID]
Judging by the title, my best guess is that UMEK titled this banging tune in honor of his male siblings in the most noble fashion.
12. "RETRACTOR" - UMEK [FILTH ON ACID]
Brethren's fist-pumping counterpart, "Retractor" is a stadium-sized odyssey into sinister techno.
13. "SPECTRUM (MATRIXXMAN HIGHWAY REMIX)" - EROL ALKAN [PHANTASY]
San Francisco's own, Matrixxman put this speedy revamp of "Spectrum" together and the result is something you might expect to appear in the montage of an artfully directed movie.
14. "DAMNATIO MEMORIAE (KLOVES REMIX)" - RENNIE FOSTER [MOONLIGHT RECORDS]
Downright, proper techno on this Kloves remix of Rennie Foster's "Damnatio Memoriae."
15. "HUMANS USE CONCRETE" - PLANETARY ASSAULT SYSTEMS [MOTE EVOLVER]
Luke Slater's no-nonsense alias, Planetary Assault Systems strikes again with seven mind-warping tunes on Mote Evolver. Including this particular one which sounds like a swarm of techno bees that have just escaped the hive.
Stream the tunes uninterrupted via the playlist below: