Is it the summer yet? Brooklyn indie electronic group Savoir Adore is feeling the good weather with our latest Magnetic Mix. Dropping off an indie dance summer mix, they blend together tracks from some of the best names in indie dance like Cut Copy, Classixx, The Knocks, Alex Metric, RAC and more.
“I've always been in love with the space between the indie music world and the dance world - stylistically blending from shoegaze, to disco, to post-punk, to pop - but there always feels like a common thread of bittersweet moods and strong melodies,” explains Paul Hammer of Savoir Adore. “These are some of my favorite tracks I've DJed the last few years, along with some new tracks I've been loving this year. This is what I'd want to hear at a pool party at 2am this summer, it's an adventure through a lot of feelings and movements. "
The duo released their new album Full Bloom on April 5 and it espouses many of the same sounds and qualities you will hear in this mix. It blends together cheery synth-pop with some stronger rock grooves and lush melodies.
Dive into the album here, but first hit play on the mix.
Savoir Adore Magnetic Mix 024 Tracklist:
1. Savoir Adore - When the Summer Ends (Juicy Cola Remix)
2. Paperwhite - Got Me Goin' (Robotaki Remix)
3. Panama - Always (Classixx Remix)
4. Great, Good, Fine, OK - Easy (Savoir Adore Remix)
5. Blu DeTiger - Mad Love
6. The Knocks - House Party
7. Violet Sands - What Do You Feel (Jean Tonique Remix)
8. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams (Gigamesh Edit)
9. Quinten 909 - Discodreams
10. Toro Y Moi - New Beat (Fare Soldi Remix)
11. Parcels - Lightenup (Alex Metric Remix)
12. Le Couleur - L'Amour le Jour
13. Cut Copy - Lights and Music
14. Smoke & Mirrors - Cut the Gas
15. Nvdes & Remmi - D.Y.T. (Do Your Thing)
16. RAC - Hollywood feat. Penguin Prison (Cassian Remix)
17. Rhye - Song For You (Mansionair Remix)