Ableton today announced CV Tools – a set of 10 creative Max for Live devices for Live 10 Suite that generate or receive Pitch, Control, Clock and Trigger CV. The Pack is currently in public beta testing.
- The devices send, receive and modulate CV between modular or other CV-based gear and Ableton Live 10 using a compatible dc-coupled audio interface. Live can act
as the tempo leader in this kind of hybrid setup or follow the modular system clock.
- The Rotating Rhythm Generator and CV Utility devices also work with MIDI, adding modular-style workflow inside Live or to hardware setups that don’t use CV-based equipment.
- CV Tools is being developed by Ableton in collaboration with Skinnerbox. Availability
- CV Tools will be free for all owners of Live 10 Suite and owners of Ableton Live 10 Standard and Max for Live.
- CV Tools is currently available to try in beta. You can download the Pack from ableton.com/beta. Please note: you need to use the Ableton Live 10.1 beta to try CV Tools, and beta testing info is in English only.
CV Tools Includes
- CV Instrument: Allows control of modular gear with MIDI. Features flexible modulation and voicing options, as well as cent-accurate tuning for oscillators.
- CV triggers: Allows musicians to sequence their modular drum modules from inside Live.
- CV Utility: Allows musicians to control their modular gear with automation curves from Live. It is also possible to add, multiply and shift control signals together and process control voltages like audio.
- CV Clock In: Allows control of Live's tempo from Eurorack modules.
- CV Clock Out: Sends CV clock out to sync modular gear with Live.
- CV In: Allows signals received from modular gear to modulate parameters in Live.
- CV Shaper: A device for creating flexible CV shapes inLive that are then sent to a modular rig.
- CV Envelope Follower: Uses audio signals inside Live to control modular gear.
- CV LFO: Acts as an additional LFO source for modular systems.
- Rotating Rhythm Generator: A modular-style beat and polyrhythm generator.
This device also sends MIDI for use with Drum Racks or other external equipment with a MIDI input.