New Order has announced a new live album from the 2017 Manchester International Festival. Titled in an impossible way ∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif) New Order + Liam Gillick: So it goes.., the band deconstructed their library and presented them in a new way.
The live show was created in collaboration with visual artist Liam Gillick and composer-arranger Joe Duddell. New Order played the show with a 12-strong synthesizer ensemble from the Royal Northern College of Music.
The 18-track live album will be released on July 12 via Mute. One of the tracks from the live album “Sub-culture,” which was originally found on 1985’s Low-Life, is out to hear now.
The record will be released on triple vinyl, double CD and digital formats. The vinyl comes in a hardback slip case with spot gloss varnish and will feature transparent red, green and blue LPs as well, as a 24-page deluxe booklet. The double CD edition will come packaged in a triple gatefold sleeve and a deluxe booklet. Pre-order the album here.
∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif) New Order + Liam Gillick: So it goes.. Tracklist
1. Times Change (Live at MIF)
2. Who's Joe (Live at MIF)
3. Dream Attack (Live at MIF)
4. Disorder (Live at MIF)
5. Ultraviolence (Live at MIF)
6. In A Lonely Place (Live at MIF)
7. All Day Long (Live at MIF)
8. Shellshock (Live at MIF)
9. Guilt Is A Useless Emotion (Live at MIF)
10. Sub-culture (Live at MIF)
11. Bizarre Love Triangle (Live at MIF)
12. Vanishing Point (Live at MIF)
13. Plastic (Live at MIF)
14. Your Silent Face (Live at MIF)
15. Decades (Live at MIF)
16. Elegia (Live at MIF)
17. Heart & Soul (Live at MIF)
18. Behind Closed Doors (Live at MIF)