Today, Expressive E, the company behind the MPE controller Touché, has announced the next chapter in their product line, the Osmose. Where the Touché was a smaller hand controller, the Osmose is a full 49-key MIDI controller capable of unlocking the real power of your hardware and software synths. MPE is quickly and thankfully becoming the new standard when it comes to designing new hard and soft synths, and Expressive E's experience in the field has lead them to create a controller like nothing before. Hardware only fans can also rejoice, as the Osmose is capable of being used as a standalone MIDI controller, removing the need for a computer.
- Keybed: 49 full-size keys with A.K.A.© technology for three-dimensional control
- Polyphony: Up to 24 voices with Layered and Split modes
- Top Panel: 8 encoders, 9 buttons, pitch stick/modulation stick, color LCD screen
- Pedal Inputs: 2 continuous pedal inputs, assignable to sustain or synth parameters
- MIDI: MIDI In, MIDI Out/Thru, USB Type B
- Audio: 24-bit D/A conversion, 1/4" stereo headphone jack, two ¼" jacks for main stereo output
- Software: A Mac/PC editor lets users create and edit the EaganMatrix sounds, as well as assign the three A.K.A.© key movements to multiple parameters.
Until December 31, Expressive E is taking Osmose reservations at 40% off its regular price ($/€1079) exclusively in its web store with an initial deposit of $/€299.