Just in time for the holiday weekend in the States, Fort Knox Five have given us another episode of Funk The World. But instead of FN5 doing the 55th mix, they have tabbed All Good Funk Alliance to drop something funky. The mix goes into some deep cuts for an hour of afro beat, soul and funk jams that are a bit different from what you might normally listen to.
"For this episode of Funk the World we wanted to dig deep and come up with another collection of songs from around the world that spoke to us. Our last Funk the World had a heavy Latin flavor but for this one we stretched out to include some songs from Africa as well,” explains All Good Funk Alliance.
“We hope you enjoy our heady blend of funky world music and it will inspire you to dig into some of these artists like Kansando from NYC whom was originally from Dominican Republic, his blend of traditional sounds with newer ideas and production techniques really draws you in. Shout out to guys like Oz Mcguire and his brother Pleasuremaker for hipping us to some fresh world cuts. Also, look out for some new All Good Funk Alliance material coming out soon; we are really stoked to bring some fresh material to you that we think you will really dig. Sit back, relax and take a trip around the world in your ears."
Listen now and follow along with the tracklist.
1. Baile - Perfumado
2. Dimapetrov - Renidade bossa
3. Emilio Santiago - Bananeria (Scocco Rework)
4. BxTreme DJ - SSS (Fusion Beat)
5. Krioula - Afro Funk
6. Kansado - Rahpapa
7. Fefa De Belem- Naturalemente (Bernardo Pinheiro Edit)
8. Djavan - Nereci (Bernardo Pinheiro Edit)
9. Cedric Im Brooks - Africa (V4ys Motherland Afro Beat)
10. Planet Muthazy - Black Queen (Lego Redfunk)
11. Elia y Elizabeth - Alegrira (DJ Caution Remix)
12. Fela Kuti - Upside Down (Franka Edit)
13. Bosq _ Backstrokin’ Ft Keleta
14. Maille - Rappers Delight Brass Remix
15. Jam Master - Afro Edit9
16. Kansado - Una Pa Celia
17. Momo Joseph - Love Arica Soul (Ferdinad Debeaufort)
18. Onipa - Open My Eyes
19. Morris Chestnut - Soweto Sound