&ME's spectacular remix of Royksopp may stand at the top of this month's house chart but there's a lot more to swoon over as well. Especially, the three tunes off of the latest EP from Genius Of Time which have all made it into the chart. Ewan McVicar's "Heather Park" is another one to behold. It's completely massive and deserves some heavy rotation throughout the rest of the Summer. Can't forget about Crosstown Rebels regular, Serge Devant either so stop what you're doing. Press play, and give these tunes the love and attention they deserve.
1. "IMPOSSIBLE (&ME REMIX)" - ROYKSOPP FEAT. ALISON GOLDFRAPP [DOG TRIUMPH PROFOUND MYSTERIES]
Keinemusik's &ME is clearly no longer dance music's best kept secret. In just the past month, Drake released a full-length dance album which features &ME on co-production duties as well as his label-mate, Rampa. For the sake of July's house chart though, it's his brilliant remix of "Impossible" by Royksopp and Goldfrapp which is deserving of a very bright spotlight. So moody, and oh so beautiful.
2. "SUNSWELL" - GENIUS OF TIME [OATHCREATIONS]
"Sunswell" by Genius Of Time is an absolute rush of euphoria that immediately grabs a hold of you and seemingly never lets go.
3. "HEATHER PARK" - EWAN MCVICAR [TECHNICOLOUR]
Upon first listen of Ewan McVicar's "Heather Park," you might just think it's good but after the 2nd or 3rd go-around, you'll be convinced that it's an absolute tune. Not only that, the b-side is smashing as well.
4. "FLASHBACK" - SERGE DEVANT, FORREST [CROSSTOWN REBELS]
5. "EVERYBODY TALKS ABOUT IT (CODY CURRIE REMIX)" - CRACKAZAT [FREERANGE RECORDS]
6. "LIFTED" - MAKEZ [HEIST RECORDINGS]
7. "DA FONK" - MOCHAKK FEAT. JONI [NERVOUS RECORDS]
Mochakk is a relatively, new Brazilian producer who makes his smashing debut on the legendary Nervous imprint with this fire for the floor he calls, "Da Fonk."
8. "TAURINDO SHUFFLE" - GENIUS OF TIME [OATHCREATIONS]
Genius Of Time make their second appearance on the chart this month with another euphoric jam they've titled, "Taurindo Shuffle."
9. "PURPLE MOTUS" - GENIUS OF TIME [OATHCREATIONS]
The last addition to the house chart this month from Genius Of Time is something a bit more funky they call "Purple Lotus."
10. "TOGETHER" - ITALOBROS [MONDAY SOCIAL MUSIC]
11. "THE HAZE (INSTRUMENTAL)" - STEVE BUG [POKER FLAT RECORDINGS]
With all due respect to the wonderful vocalist who is Ali Love, yours truly prefers the hypnotic acid lines as the driving force on this one as opposed to the full-on vocal.
12. "AM RASTER" - JONATHAN KASPAR [KOMPAKT]
13. "HUMBLED K" - SUPER FLU [MONABERRY]
14. "MONKEY BARS" - FRIEND WITHIN [TOOLROOM]
15. "ANOTHER WORLD" - SURFFACE [art | werk]
Brand new on the production scene, Swedish duo, SURFFACE make their art | work debut with a pair of tunes which includes this melodic house beauty they call, "Another World."
Stream the entire chart uninterrupted via one of the playlists below: