The battle of aggressive techno versus the melodic variety continues. Joyhauser, Spektre, and the newer, mysterious artist, BVBYLON represented the best of what the hard stuff had to offer while the more melodic stuff was spearheaded by the Swiss techno wiz, Deetron! Nonetheless, the only matter at hand here was the quality of each effort and all 15 of these tunes rose high above the predictable stuff you might just forget about next week.
1. "TXT" - DEETRON [RUNNING BACK]
Synthesizer magic courtesy of the Swiss wizard himself, Deetron!
2. "HYPNOTIZED (JOYHAUSER REMIX)" - AMELIE LENS [SECOND STATE]
3. "THE MAZE" - SPEKTRE [NOIR MUSIC]
4. "ARTEON (DEALING WITH GOD)" - AE:THER [AFTERLIFE]
The fourth edition of Afterlife's Realm Of Consciousness just hit the virtual shelves and it features this divine, techno lullaby from German producer, Ae:ther.
5. "RETOX" - BOOKA SHADE [BEDROCK]
The legendary duo that is Booka Shade returns to Bedrock four varied tunes including this tantalizing piece of techno they call "Retox."
6. "SAND" - EARTHLIFE [STEYOYOKE]
On Steyoyoke's 4th edition of their Quadrivium series, they feature Italian production duo, Earthlife with this gorgeous piece of moody techno.
7. "COME CLOSER" - QINDEK [DREIKLANG]
Stop what you're doing, put those headphones on, and listen to this very deep ride into techno courtesy of Dutch producer, Qindek.
8. "VERSTEK" - BVBYLON [REKIDS]
"Verstek" is one for the dark room devoid of any sunlight. It's pulverizing kick-drum will grab a hold of you and squeeze tighter and tighter as multiple layers of compression drag you down a rabbit hole of psychotic techno.
9. "THE HOUSE OF HOUSE (THOMAS SCHUMACHER REMIX)" - CHERRYMOON TRAX [ELECTRIC BALLROOM]
Twenty five years ago, three Belgian fellas under the guise of Cherrymoon Trax dropped this hard trance jewel which now gets a very respectable update from Thomas Schumacher.
10. "DIFFERENT" - TEENAGE MUTANTS [STIL VOR TALENT]
Deep, dark, and dirty is the name of the game on this Teenage Mutants production pulled from the first of their two-part series, In Search Of The End.
11. "SPECTRAL" - ANNA [AFTERLIFE]
"Spectral’ came after a very relaxed session in the studio without any pressure of deadlines, or expectations of releasing on a certain label. I was just playing around. When the track was almost finished, I had the feeling it was missing something. I was experimenting with Microbute and running it through some modules from Eurorack. When I ran it through Ultrafold the arpeggio melody came up and I had a thought it could be something that would fit with Afterlife, but it was just a thought and I continued with the track. A year after I finished, it’s really nice it found its way to the label. I almost released 'Spectral; on another imprint, but somehow it ended up on Afterlife. It was meant to happen."
12. "HOUND" - ADRIATIQUE [AFTERLIFE]
13. "NEW CULTURE" - SCB x WEHBBA [HOTFLUSH]
14. "TRANSMISSION" - MARCO RESMANN [TENAMPA]
Marco Resmann gets downright filthy with this wonky production which features as track number 2 on his Hologram EP via Tenampa Recordings!
15. "THE MAZE (ROBERT S REMIX)" - SPEKTRE [NOIR MUSIC]
Portugal's Robert S. takes "The Maze" down a deep and dark rabbit hole.
Stream the entire chart uninterrupted via the playlist below: